Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 8013 times)

Glenn Jarvis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Frequently Asked Questions
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:05:05 AM »
Q: After I purchased the game, it's warning me that my key is expiring! What do I do now?

A: First, make sure you supplied us with your correct and up to date email address. Some games receive a temporary key that is only good for a limited time.We send out a permanent key after a specified time period to our customers.If you are experiencing any problems, please contact us immediately. Upgrades are not affected.

Q: I click "DOWNLOAD" and a window pops up asking me what to do.

A: This is a security feature of most modern browsers. It's designed to protect your computer from installing software without your permission. Installing our software is not a security risk. Our products do NOT contain spyware, adware or malware. Clicking the Download button does NOT install our software.

Q: I get a warning about a Digital Certificate when I try to download the "DEMO/TRIAL VERSION". Is there a problem?

A: No.This security feature came with the latest Windows XP Service Pack 2 update. It's designed to warn you when downloading software. If you are downloading directly from our site, you don't have to worry about this. We do recommend that you download the latest and newest games directly from our site.

Q: The game seems real slow and doesn't respond quick enough to the keyboard. Is there something wrong?

A: The solution is a faster computer. Some games will run fine on a Pentium running at 450Mhz, others this is the absolute minimum and usually require something faster. Kasse's Adventures 3 for example, is one game that may require a system more powerful than the listed mimimum requirements shown in the help file. This depends on your system configuration, memory, video setup and other factors.

Q: The screenshot feature doesn't work. It creates a blank bmp file. Why?

A:You need to make sure DirectX version 8 (minimum) is installed.This applies to the Windows only games.DirectX 5 will probably work, but I recommend upgrading as high as your version of Windows will allow. Some of the new releases require a minimum of DirectX 8. Windows 95 and higher will accept the installation of DX8 and we recommend it if you wish to play our latest and future releases. Check the specific game page as those that require DX8 are noted as such. If you are still having problems, by all means, contact us and we'll try to help.

Q: I pressed F5 to save the game,but it doesn't seem to have done anything. Does it work?

A:Yes, it does work :) In the Windows only full versions, pressing F5 is a seamless feature as is F6 (load the saved game). However, as newer games come out, this feature is being replaced with new code to offer "user interaction" and the ability to save and load "multiple" games. Versions with the seamless feature will slowly be updated. There may be a combination of these features in the future. New releases will have their own save game routines. Check the in game help for details.

Q: I ordered a game and haven't received the download link. I am using hotmail or yahoo mail.

A: Our commerce partners, BMT Micro and eSellerate, verify all hotmail and yahoo mail orders individually, by hand. They do this as an extra fraud prevention measure, but it can delay your order by a day or two. Of course, your card is never charged until the purchase information is sent. Orders that do not come from hotmail or yahoo mail are delivered almost instantly.

Q: I get an error DINPUT.DLL Not Found, where do I get this file ?

A: This means you need to update your DirectX Drivers from Microsoft. You can download them from here

Q: I emailed you and never got a reply, when are you going to answer ?

A: If you do not get a reply after 2 days, email me again as the email may have been lost or removed by my spam filter ( make sure there are no offensive words in any email ) Most technical support questions are responded to within hours but at the most 24 hours.

Q: The game I have does not work, what can I do to make the game work ?

A: 99% of the time the cause is sound or video card drivers. New computers rarely come with latest drivers.The user needs to visit the website of manufacturer ( or Windows Update ) and get latest video and sound card drivers updated. If this is for a MSDOS system for the earlier games, make sure it's video card is PCI or Vesa and it's drivers are loaded. Some games require specific screen resolution. Normally 640x480 or 800x600. If you are using a higher resolution, you may want to lower it to the above in order to run the game effectively. Another suggestion is to have the latest DirectX your Windows can support. If you are still experiencing problems, please let us know. Please keep in mind that MSDOS games will run on Windows 95,98 & ME, but highly unlikely on any other Windows platform.

Q: I have Windows Vista and your game does seem to work!

A: Currently as of March 2008, the programs may not work under Windows Vista. We are working on the issue and hope to have it resolved shortly. If you have purchased a game from us and have upgraded your Windows to Vista you'll find the game will cease to work. In that case, please contact us so we can correct the issue for you. At this time only customers are receiving priority support for this issue.

Q: Where can I find a "cracked" version of your program?

A:We apologize for including this in the FAQ, but some people actually do enter this sort of query into search engines. We believe we should warn them about the dangers they face. Is it really worth the risk? Downloading from "cracks" and "warez" sites is not "safe computing". Some crack sites offer a "registered" version of the software that is actually a "trojan horse" (definition). Such programs are not always detected by anti-virus programs since, after all, they are not viruses. Yet they can let somebody else take over your computer, transmit or corrupt your files, or even erase your entire hard disk. Think about it: if the crackers have already been tinkering with the program, or generating an illegal registration code, how likely is it that they have your best interests at heart? Remember safe computing!

StampOutPiracy.com - Cracking down on game piracy across the internet
I also suggest everyone runs an up to date virus scanner and periodically run a spy-ware scanner to keep your machine running its safest and best. I recommend AdAware and SpyBot S&D.  Remember to use a firewall and have it configured correctly. If you are using a router, install a firewall anyway as some routers do not block outbound traffic from spyware. Your firewall should advise you if this happens.

If you are emailing about anything related to a full registered ( paid for ) version, please include the full name used on the order and the order number. Do NOT include your key information as it's not required. Also include the game name and as much detail about the problem as you can.